There are two different kinds of spending limits, though the rules are the same for both
- Account level spending limits apply to all purchases on your account
- Virtual Card spending limits applies to just the purchases made with that individual Privacy Card
Spend limits are applied to accounts on a rolling basis
Purchases count toward your spending limits for an allotted time period and "roll off" when that time expires.
- Daily limit: 24 hours (hard cutoff, no buffer)
- Monthly limit: 30 days (with 6 day buffer)
- Yearly limit: 365 days (with 36 hour buffer)
For example: you have a $100 daily limit and spend $20 at 7:00 AM on Day 1. Your spend limit is now $80. If you don't buy anything else, your full daily limit of $100 will be available to use again at 7:00 AM on Day 2.
Buffer periods are built into certain limits in order to prevent unnecessary declines in case a merchant attempts to authorize early.
Privacy Account spending limits are subject to increase or decrease at our discretion based on an algorithmic and/or manual review process. These limits cannot be reset during the month at any time.
When first signing up for a Privacy Account, a weekly 7-day spending limit applies for user security. The weekly limit transitions to a daily limit 7 days after the first few transactions using Privacy Cards have settled. We're unable to bypass this setting.
Have additional questions about spending limits? Please write to us using this submission form!